Monday 5 April 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cris Carpenter and Aykut Kocaman.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
Girl Happy, directed by Boris Sagal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tale of Two Cities.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1965 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Cris Carpenter: American baseball player and educator.
- Aykut Kocaman: Turkish footballer and manager.
- 37th Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences awards: Best picture: My Fair Lady;
- Lava Lamp Day celebrated
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- At the 37th Academy Awards, ''My Fair Lady'' wins 8 Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director. Rex Harrison wins an Oscar for Best Actor. ''Mary Poppins'' takes home 5 Oscars. Julie Andrews wins an Academy Award for Best Actress, for her portrayal in the role. Sherman Brothers receives 2 Oscars including Best Song, quotChim Chim Cher-eequot.
- The Early Bird communications satellite is launched. It becomes operational May 2 and is placed in commercial service in June.
- The British Government announced the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- The West German parliament extends the statute of limitations on Nazi war crimes.
- In Houston, Texas, the Harris County Domed Stadium (more commonly known as the Astrodome) opens.
- The 100th anniversary of the end of the American Civil War is observed.
- Charlie Brown and the ''Peanuts'' Gang appear on the cover of ''Time Magazine''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Vic Dana - Red Roses For A Blue Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?