Friday 5 April 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tasia Valenza in New York City and Claudia Gonson.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Congratulations by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Drei Frauen im Haus.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 April 1968 ?
- Saint Geeraard
- The last day of the tax year in the United Kingdom.
- Blessed Kreszentia Hoess
- Saint Vincent Ferrer
- Arbor Day in South Korea
- Qingming Festival in the Chinese calendar
- Mauritius: Ougadi.
- Saint Irena (d. 304)
- Tasia Valenza in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Dottie Thornton Martin - All My Children).
- Claudia Gonson: American musician, she is considered the brains and the voice behind the popular band “Magnetic Fields.
- Gianna Amore: Warwick, Rhode Island -- Playmate (August, 1989).
- Paula Cole: American singer-songwriter and pianist.
- Stewart Lee: English comedian actor producer and screenwriter.
- Lois Andrews: Dies of lung cancer at 44.
- Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego opens
- US marine base Khe San Vietnam, appalled
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Monkees - Valleri
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?