Sunday 5 August 1906
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Francis Walder [Francois Waldburger] and Wassely Leontief.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1906 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Francis Walder [Francois Waldburger]: Belgian author.
- Wassely Leontief: Russ / US economist (Nobel 1973).
- John Huston: American film director, screenwriter and actor.
- Ettore Majorana: Italian theoretical physicist who began work on neutrino masses.
- Francis Walder: France Writer.
- Joan Hickson: British actress (Born 1906)
- Wassily Leontief: German-American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1999)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Home, Sweet Home - Richard Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?