Friday 5 August 1910
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include [Johan] Erik Lindegren and Jacquetta Hawker.
The White Slave Trade, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1910!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1910 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- [Johan] Erik Lindegren: Swedish poet / librettist (Aniara).
- Jacquetta Hawker: English archaeologist / author (A Country).
- Nan Gindele: US javelin thrower (World Record 1932-38).
- Bruno Coquatrix: French entertainment producer, mainly known as the owner and manager of the Paris Olympia, Europe’s biggest music hall.
- Jacques Huisman: Belgian actor and theatre director, who died in Brussels on 12 November 2001.
- Richard Nelkene: Morteau EXecutives
- Pierre Rebut: Brionne Military man
- Herminio Masantonio: Argentinian footballer (d. 1956)
- Wojciech Gawronski: Composer, dies at 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1910 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- What's the Matter with Father? - Billy Murray
- That Lovin' Rag - Sophie Tucker
- He's a College Boy - American Quartet
- Ave Maria - Frances Alda
- Dill Pickles Rag - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1910?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?