Tuesday 5 August 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1924 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Eddie Yuhas: American baseball player, a pitcher, he made his professional league debut with the St. Louis Cardinals on April 17, 1952.
- Geraldine Stutz: American business executive, the president and owner of Henri Bendel, an elegant Manhattan women's specialty store.
- Michel Garbay: Carcassonne physician.
- Comic strip Little Orphan Annie, by Harold Gray, debuts
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians - Memory Lane
- Lazy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Concert No. 2 in C Minor, Parts 1 & 2 - Sergei Rachmaninoff
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1924 and get them!