Monday 5 August 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mary Strassmeyer and Ottó Boros.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1929 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Mary Strassmeyer: American journalist, cartoonist, co-creator of syndicated cartoon "Sneakers," feature writer, travel and society editor and columnist.
- Ottó Boros: Hungarian water polo player (d. 1988).
- Don Matheson: American soldier police officer and actor (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?