Tuesday 5 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1930 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Neil Armstrong in Ohio: USA; X-15 pilot, first moonwalker (Gemini 8, Apollo 11).
- Michal Kovac: Slovakian politician.
- Neil Armstrong: American astronaut, the first man to set foot on the Moon, on 7/20/1969, 10:56 PM EDT, with the quote, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.
- Damita DeBlanc: American actress, comedian, and lounge music performer.
- Richie Ginther: American race car driver (Born 1930).
- Michal Kováč: Slovakian lawyer and politician 1st President of Slovakia
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?