Tuesday 5 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1930 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Michal Kovac: Slovakian politician.
- Richie Ginther: American race car driver (Born 1930).
- Michal Kováč: Slovakian lawyer and politician 1st President of Slovakia.
- Damita DeBlanc: American actress, comedian, and lounge music performer.
- Neil Armstrong in Ohio: USA; X-15 pilot, first moonwalker (Gemini 8, Apollo 11).
- Neil Armstrong: American astronaut, the first man to set foot on the Moon, on 7/20/1969, 10:56 PM EDT, with the quote, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." He returned home to a New York City ticker-tape parade on 8/13/1969.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1930 and get them!