Wednesday 5 August 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Dancy in Jackson and Frédéric Botton.
Mary of Scotland, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1936 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- John Dancy in Jackson: Texas, USA; newscaster (Prime Time Sunday).
- Frédéric Botton: French lyricist and composer.
- Nikolai Baturin: Estonian author and playwright.
- At Berlin Olympics, Jesse Owens wins his third Olympic medal.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 August 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?