Sunday 5 August 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Lady on a Train, directed by Charles David, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1945!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1945 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Jacob Reitsma: Economist / Dutch MP (CDA).
- Jo Collins: Oregon, United States -- Playboy playmate (Dec, 1964).
- Valeria Ciangottini: Italian film, television and stage actress, chosen at fourteen years of age by Federico Fellini, after he noticed her at the exit of the school, for the role of Paola in "La Dolce Vita.
- Michel Pichon: French writer and illustrator.
- Csaba Giczy: Hungarian canoe racer.
- John Monks: English union leader and politician
- Loni Anderson: American actress, a lush and shapely blonde with a quality of great sweetness and a high IQ. She made her mark in TV sitcoms, starting with "WKRP Cincinnati," from September 1978 to 1982, and "Partners in Crime" from September to December 1984. She joined the cast of "Nurses" in 1993. Anderson also did movies, including "Born Yesterday," 1970, in which she discovered that she could play a bimbo well.
- Atom Bomb dropped on Hiroshima (August 6th in Japan)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Can't You Read Between the Lines? - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Gotta be This or That - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?