Sunday 5 August 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Roberts and Richard de Groen.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1962 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- William Roberts: NFL guard (NY Jets, NE Patriots).
- Richard de Groen: New Zealand cricketer.
- Emmanuel Chain: French journalist and television presenter, who hosted the "Capital" business program on channel M6 from 1988 to 2003.
- Patrick Ewing: American basketball player, center.
- Ramsay Gilderdale: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Otis Thorpe: NBA forward (Vancouver Grizzlies, Detroit Pistons)
- Marilyn Monroe: American actress, model, and singer, who became a major sex symbol, starring in a number of commercially successful motion pictures during the 1950s and early 1960s.
- 1st quasar located by radio
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Waterloo Golf Open
- UN command forbids flights to Katangese airports
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 August 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Richard Chamberlain - Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?