Monday 5 August 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Fingertips - Pt 2 by Little Stevie Wonder.
In UK Confessin' by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Siege of the Saxons, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1963 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Dana Cole: American chiropractor.
- Steve Lee: Swiss musician and vocalist (Gotthard) (Born 1963).
- James Wilder: Cleveland, Ohio -- Actor (Scorchers, Zombie High, Murder 1).
- Salvador Bacarisse: Spanish composer (Born 1898).
- Britain, US and the USSR sign nuclear test ban treaty
- US, USSR and Great Britain agree to discuss banning nuclear testing
- Craig Breedlove sets world auto speed record at 407.45 MPH.
- The United States, the United Kingdom, and the Soviet Union sign a nuclear test ban treaty.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Surfaris - Wipe Out
- Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- The Tymes - So Much In Love
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?