Wednesday 5 August 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Yauch and Elvis Duran.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.
In UK It's All Over Now by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
A Hard Day's Night, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1964 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Adam Yauch: American rapper (Beastie Boys).
- Elvis Duran: Radio Host.
- Rory Morrison: English journalist (d. 2013).
- Zerrin Tekindor: Turkish actress and painter.
- Actress Anne Bancroft and comedian Mel Brooks wed
- Beatles record Leave My Kitten Alone
- Congo rebellion: Christopher Gbenye / Pierre Mulele conquer Stanleyville
- Ford Frick says he will not run for another term as commissioner
- US begins bombing North Vietnam.
- Vietnam War: Operation Pierce Arrow : American aircraft from carriers USS Ticonderoga and USS Constellation bomb North Vietnam in retaliation for strikes against U.S. destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 August 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
- Dean Martin - Everybody Loves Somebody
- The Supremes - Where Did Our Love Go
- Jan & Dean - The Little Old Lady (From Pasadena)
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Dusty Springfield - Wishin' And Hopin'
- The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk
- Roger Miller - Dang Me
- The Jelly Beans - I Wanna Love Him So Bad
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?