Thursday 5 August 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Henry VIII, I Am by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1965 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Scott William Winters: American actor.
- Jean-Marc Morandini: French-Corsican journalist, TV host and radio presenter.
- Jeff Coffin: American saxophonist and composer (Dave Matthews Band and Béla Fleck and the Flecktones).
- Motoi Sakuraba: Japanese keyboard player and composer.
- Scott Winters: American actor.
- Janis Coulter: American escort of a group of New York students in Israel when she was killed in a bomb blast on 7/30/2002. Janis converted to Judaism in 1996 after studying the faith of her grandmother. Graduating from Boston Latin School and from the University of MA, Amherst, she pursued a Master's degree in Jewish Studies both in Denver and at the Hebrew University. Coulter worked at Combined Jewish Philanthropies for two years before taking a job in New York with Hebrew University, a job that allowed her f
- Dave Marr wins PGA title
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1965 and get them!