Monday 5 August 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1968 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- John Olerud: American baseball player, a left-handed first baseman who played with the Toronto Blue Jays, New York Mets, Seattle Mariners, New York Yankees, and Boston Red Sox between 1989 and 2005.
- John Garrett Olerud in Seattle: Washington, USA; baseball player (Toronto Blue Jays, New York Mets, American League Batting Crown 1993).
- Andreas Lupzig: Straubing, Germany -- Hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Tokimitsu Ishizawa: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Oleg Luzhny: Ukrainian footballer.
- Marine Le Pen: French daughter of ultra-right wing politician Jean-Marie Le Pen. She is a lawyer and a politician as well. Le Pen practiced law beginning in 1992. In 2000 she joined the judicial branch of the Front National (FN) party. She took on more responsibility when she joined the Executive Committee later that year and became Vice President in 2003. On January 16, 2011 she became the right-wing party's President.
- Terri Clark: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Stephanie Flanders: English journalist and blogger
- Funkmaster Flex: American rapper producer and radio host
- Kendo Kashin: Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist
- Oleh Luzhny: Ukrainian footballer and manager
- Colin McRae: Scottish race car driver (d. 2007)
- DeRay Davis: Comedian
- Luther Perkins: American guitarist (Born 1928).
- WMCV (now WZTV) TV channel 17 in Nashville, TN (IND) 1st broadcast
- August 8 ampndash The Republican National Convention in Miami Beach, Florida nominates Richard Nixon for U.S. President and Spiro Agnew for Vice President.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?