Tuesday 5 August 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus) by Zager & Evans.
In UK Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman was in the top 5 hits.
More, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1969!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1969 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Jackie Doyle-Price: English politician.
- Vasbert Drakes: Barbadian cricketer.
- Venkatesh Prasad: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Robert Scott: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Paola Volpato: Chilean actress.
- Halle Cioffi: Cleveland, Ohio -- Tennis star
- James Fuller: NFL / WLAF safety (N O Saints, Frankfurt Galaxy, Scotland)
- Mariner 7 flies past Mars
- Pirate Willie Stargell is 1st to hit a ball out of Dodger Stadium
- Mariner program: Mariner 7 makes its closest fly-by of Mars (3,524 kilometers).
- The Beatles at 11:30 have photographer Iain Macmillan take their photo on a zebra crossing on Abbey Road.
- A fire breaks out in the Bannerman's Castle in the Hudson River most of the roof collapses and crashes down to the lower levels.
- The Haunted Mansion attraction opens at Disneyland California. Later versions opened in Florida, Tokyo and Paris.
- Followers of Charles Manson murder Sharon Tate, (who was eight months pregnant), and her friends: Folgers coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, and Hollywood hairstylist Jay Sebring at the home of Tate and her husband, Roman Polanski, in Los Angeles, California. Also killed was Steven Parent, leaving from a visit to the Polanskis' caretaker. More than 100 stab wounds are found on the victims, except for Parent, who had been shot almost as soon as the Manson Family entered the
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)
- Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline (Good Times Never Seemed So Good)
- Kenny Rogers - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
- Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
- Andy Kim - Baby, I Love You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?