Tuesday 5 August 1975
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erin Gingrich and Kajol Mukherjee.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Jive Talkin' by Bee Gees.
In UK Tears On My Pillow by Johnny Nash was in the top 5 hits.
Farewell, My Lovely, directed by Dick Richards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Looking For Mr. Goodbar by Judith Rossner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Almost Anything Goes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Doctor Pong or Shark Jaws.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1975!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1975 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Erin Gingrich: Yuma, Arizona -- Miss America - Arizona (1997).
- Kajol Mukherjee: Indian actress.
- Antony Cotton: English actor.
- Ami Foster: Actress (Margaux-Punky Brewster).
- Iddo Goldberg: Israeli-born British actor.
- Haim Goldenberg: Israeli-born Canadian mentalist (GoldMind)
- Dan Hipgrave: English guitarist and journalist (Toploader)
- Josep Jufré: Catalan cyclist
- Eicca Toppinen: Finnish cellist and composer (Apocalyptica)
- Phillies 1st 8 batters get hits for a record, beat Cubs 13-5
- Stevie Wonder signs $13M contract with Motown
- U.S. President Ford posthumously restores the U.S. citizenship of General Robert E. Lee, leader of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War.
- The Banqiao Dam, in China's Henan Province, fails after a freak typhoon over 200,000 people perish.
- Samuel Bronfman II, son of the president of Seagram's, is kidnapped in Purchase, New York.
- British Leyland Motor Corporation comes under British government control.
- Governor Mário Lemos Pires of Portuguese East Timor abandons the capital Dili, following a UDT coup and the outbreak of civil war between UDT and Fretilin.
- The Birmingham Six are wrongfully sentenced to life imprisonment in Great Britain.
- Founder President Sheikh Mujibur Rahman of Bangladesh is killed during a coup led by Major Syed Faruque Rahman.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
- 10cc - I'm Not In Love
- Olivia Newton-John - Please Mr. Please
- Eagles - One Of These Nights
- Elton John - Someone Saved My Life Tonight
- Melissa Manchester - Midnight Blue
- Glen Campbell - Rhinestone Cowboy
- War - Why Can't We Be Friends?
- James Taylor - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Mike Post - The Rockford Files
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?