Saturday 5 August 2006
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado.
In UK Hips Don't Lie by Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up, directed by Anne Fletcher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Chill Factor by Sandra Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 2006!
Which were the important events of 5 August 2006 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 August
- Susan Butcher: American dog sled racer, a four-time winner of the Iditarod Alaskan Dog Race, a grueling competitive event.
- The Republic of China (Taiwan) severs diplomatic relations with Chad reducing the number of countries maintaining official relations with it to 24. The ROC foreign ministry cited Chad's intention to establish relations with the People's Republic of China as the reason. (AP)
- Iran bans Nobel Peace Prize laureate Shirin Ebadi's Defenders of Human Rights Center on the grounds that the human rights organization did not have a permit from the Interior Ministry. According to Iranian law, to form a nongovernmental organization, one does not need a permit. (AFP)
- Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi calls for the ampquotformation of an international investigation committee to probe the ongoing atrocities of the Zionist regime in Lebanon, and to prosecute and punish the ones responsible for these catastrophes.ampquot (AFP)
- 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict:
- The US and France have agreed on the wording of a UN resolution to end the fighting between Israel and Hezbollah. (BBC NEWS)
- Tropical Depression Chris starts to dissipate near Cuba. (National Hurricane Center)
- Southeastern Anatolia Project: Construction of the Ilısu Dam, which upon completion would cause the flooding of the ancient city of Hasankeyf in Turkey, starts. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?