Sunday 5 August 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Freelancers, directed by Jessy Terrero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Damien's Quest.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aikatsu! or Dragon Story.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 August 2012 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 August
- Syrian civil war:
- General Muhammed Ahmed Faris, a military aviator who became the first Syrian in space, defects to Turkey. (AFP via ''Arab News'')
- Mexican Drug War:
- Armed men kidnap the mayor of Tecpán de Galeana, Guerrero. (''El Universal'')
- Cartel members armed with AK-47 assault rifles gun down and kill five teenage boys in Escobedo, Nuevo León. (Fox News)
- A gunman opens fire at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, killing six people the perpetrator later dies of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head. (BBC)
- Clashes between Turkish government troops and Kurdish rebels at a Turkish border post in the southeastern province of Hakkâri kill at least 19 people, including 11 fighters from the Kurdistan Workers' Party. (BBC)
- A suicide bombing in the northeastern Nigerian city of Damaturu kills at least five soldiers. (BBC)
- Two gunmen kill a Sudanese employee of the UN World Food Programme (WFP) in the southern border state of South Kordofan, Sudan. (Reuters)
- Miners in Zambia kill a Chinese mine manager during a riot over pay. (BBC)
- American automaker General Motors strikes a $559 million marketing deal with English football club Manchester United. (Reuters)
- An outbreak of cholera hits a refugee camp in eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo where thousands have fled fighting between M23 rebels and government troops. (Al Jazeera)
- Flash floods in India's Uttarakhand state kill 12 people with up to 40 missing. (Jagran Post)
- 2012 Summer Olympics:
- In tennis, Andy Murray defeats Roger Federer to win the men's singles final, securing Britain's 16th gold medal in the process. (BBC Sport)
- In athletics, sprinter Usain Bolt of Jamaica wins the 100 metres final. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Mixed martial arts: The light-heavyweight fighter Lyoto Machida defeats Ryan Bader on UFC on Fox: Shogun vs. Vera, earning a rematch with the current champion in the division, Jon Jones. (ESPN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?