Thursday 5 December 1901
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1901!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1901 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Milton H Erickson: American psychiatrist (d. 1980).
- Hanns Jelinek: composer.
- Marjorie Eaton: American painter and actress (d. 1986).
- Walt Disney: American cartoonist who created Mickey Mouse in 1928 and later made the first feature-length cartoon ever filmed, "Fantasia," 1940, a visual interpretation of orchestral music.
- Werner Heisenberg: German scientist who, as an atomic physicist, won the Nobel Prize in physics in 1932 for his creation of quantum mechanics and was acknowledged as "the greatest German theoretical physicist.
- Milton Erickson: American hypnotherapist, acknowledged by the two major hypnosis societies as the best in his field. He was effective in healing of all types of patients included those rejected by doctors and other hypnotists, and had great success with psychotics. The biography "Uncommon Therapy" by Jay Haley outlines the Erickson methods and stories. The new psychological technique NLQ (neurolinguistic programming) was derived from Erickson's methods.
- Grace Moore: United States -- Soprano (One Night to Live)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?