Saturday 5 December 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Bargain, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1914!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1914 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Hans Hellmut Kirst: German author (d. 1989).
- Hans Kirst: German lieutenant and author (d. 1989).
- Walter Lazzaro: Italian painter and actor, who died in Milan on 3 March 1989.
- Odette Joyeux: French actress, playwright and novelist.
- 6th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats University of Toronto, 14-2
- The Italian Parliament proclaims the neutrality of the country.
- The Toronto Argonauts win their first Grey Cup at Varsity Stadium.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- They Start the Victrola (And Go Dancing Around the Floor) - Billy Murray
- Gems from The Girl from Utah - Victor Light Opera Co.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 December 1914 and get them!