Sunday 5 December 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Burlesque on Carmen, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1915!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1915 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Alexandre Minkowski: French pediatrician, and arguably the French physician who most influenced neonatology in the 20th century.
- Alexandre Minkovski: Paris 14?me physician.
- Margaret Hayes: Baltimore, Maryland -- Actress (Robert Montgomery Presents).
- Carl Donnell: "Kansas" Fields drummer.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1915 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- McKee's Orchestra - A Perfect Day
- When I Leave the World Behind - Henry Burr
- It's Tulip Time in Holland - Henry Burr
- We'll Build a Little Home in the U.S.A. - Irving Kaufman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?