Tuesday 5 December 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Libertine, directed by Joseph A. Golden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1916 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Steve Rachunok: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Brooklyn Dodgers for two games in September 1940.
- Margaret Hayes: Actress (Robert Montgomery Presents), dies at 61.
- Hilary Koprowski: Polish-American virologist and immunologist created the world's first effective live polio vaccine (d. 2013).
- Walt McPherson: American basketball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Th?ophile Kammerer: Husseren-Wesserling physician.
- Hans Richter composer: dies at age 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Saving Up the Means to Get to New Orleans - Al Jolson
- I'm Gonna Make Hay While the Sun Shines in Virginia - Marion Harris
- Turn Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday - Morton Harvey
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?