Thursday 5 December 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
All Night, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1918!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1918 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- John Pritchard: British conductor, one of the most prominent of Britain's post-WW II orchestral icons and an exemplar of the increasingly international scope of the range of skills required in his position.
- Jeff Chandler: American actor and singer best remembered for playing Cochise in "Broken Arrow" (1950), becoming the first actor nominated for an Academy Award for portraying an American Indian.
- Schalk Willem Burger: South African politician (Born 1852).
- Oil refinery on Cura?ao opens.
- The British light cruiser HMS ''Cassandra'' strikes a mine and sinks in the Gulf of Finland while aiding Estonia against the Bolsheviks, with eleven sailors killed.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1918 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oriental - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?