Saturday 5 December 1925
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anastasio "Tachito" and Dave Broadfoot.
Clash of the Wolves, directed by Noel Mason Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1925 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Anastasio "Tachito": Somoza Debayle; President of Nicaragua (1967-79).
- Dave Broadfoot: Canadian actor, a comedian, writer, director and producer, the co-founder of "The Royal Canadian Air Farce," a show that has won 13 national awards.
- Jacques Dessange: French hairdresser and businessman.
- Henri Oreiller: French alpine skier, he won two gold medals and a bronze at the 1948 Olympics.
- Anastasio Debayle: Nicaraguan politician 73rd President of Nicaragua (d. 1980).
- Wilhelmina E Drucker [Lensing]: Dutch feminist, dies at 78.
- 13th CFL Grey Cup: Ottawa Senators defeats Win Tammany Tigers, 24-1
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Manhattan - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?