Thursday 5 December 1940
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Ignatyev and Peter Pohl.
Go West, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1940 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Boris Ignatyev: Russian footballer and manager.
- Peter Pohl: Swedish author director and screenwriter.
- Adrian Street: Welsh-American wrestler and actor.
- Frank Wilson: American singer-songwriter and producer (d. 2012).
- Jan Kubelik: Czech violinist (Born 1880).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Five O'Clock Whistle - Ella Fitzgerald
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?