Saturday 5 December 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pablo Morales and Cliff Eidelman.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Ringo by Lorne Greene.
In UK Baby Love by The Supremes was in the top 5 hits.
Father Goose, directed by Ralph Nelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while This Rough Magic by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der goldene Schuß.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1964 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Pablo Morales: Chicago, Illinois -- Butterfly swimmer (1984, 92 Olympics - 3 Gold / 2 Silver Medals).
- Cliff Eidelman: American composer and conductor.
- Remy Angenot: Flemish actor (Tailor Wibbel), dies at 70.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 December 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lorne Greene - Ringo
- Bobby Vinton - Mr. Lonely
- The Shangri-Las - Leader Of The Pack
- The Zombies - She's Not There
- The Supremes - Baby Love
- The Rolling Stones - Time Is On My Side
- The Kinks - You Really Got Me
- The Supremes - Come See About Me
- Johnny Rivers - Mountain Of Love
- Gene Pitney - I'm Gonna Be Strong
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?