Monday 5 December 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Barbara in New Symrna and Linda Hunt.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Man for All Seasons, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1966 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Joseph Barbara in New Symrna: Florida, USA; actor (Joe Carlino - Another World).
- Linda Hunt: LPGA golfer.
- Niege Dias: in Brazil; tennis star.
- Bruce Deacon in Ottawa: Canada; marathon runner (Olympics-1996).
- Lee Seung-Chul: South Korean singer.
- Patricia Kaas: French singer and actress, starred in a film bio about Marlene Dietrich.
- Demet Sağıroğlu: Turkish singer
- Lee Seung-chul: South Korean singer-songwriter (Boohwal)
- I Do! I Do! opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 561 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Peter and Gordon - Lady Godiva
- The Hollies - Stop Stop Stop
- Roger Williams - Born Free
- Martha and the Vandellas - I'm Ready For Love
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?