Thursday 5 December 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Love Child by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Oliver!, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1968 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Margaret Cho: American comedienne of Korean descent, she grew up in San Francisco.
- Rhett Hall: NFL defensive tackle (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Lisa Marie [Sliwa] in New Brunswick: New Jersey, USA; actress (Mars Attacks).
- John Lundberg: English director and producer.
- Lisa Marie: American model and actress.
- Lydia Millet: American author
- Falilat Ogunkoya: Nigerian sprinter
- Roberta Capua: Italian television host who became known in the Italian entertainment world with her election as Miss Italia in 1986. The year after she placed second at Miss Universe.
- Fred Clark: Actor (Zotz, Auntie Mame), dies of liver ailment at 54.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?