Friday 5 December 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morgan J Freeman and Alex Kapp Horner.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye by Steam.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A World Apart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1969!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1969 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Morgan J Freeman: American film director.
- Alex Kapp Horner: American actress.
- Lewis Gordon Pugh: English swimmer, polar explorer and motivational speaker.
- Richard Kameese: American drug fatality at age 21, 3/14/1991, after drug addiction that began when he was in high school.
- Eric Etebari: American actor director and producer.
- Morgan Freeman: American director producer and screenwriter
- Alex Horner: American actress
- Sajid Javid: English banker and politician Secretary of State for Culture Media and Sport
- Lewis Pugh: English swimmer and lawyer
- Ramón Ramírez: Mexican footballer
- Princess Alice: of Battenberg (Born 1885).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Peter, Paul and Mary - Leaving on A Jet Plane
- The Beatles - Come Together
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Down On The Corner
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Someday We'll Be Together
- Three Dog Night - Eli's Coming
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?