Tuesday 5 December 1972
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roderick Mullen and Cliff Floyd in Chicago.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Am Woman by Helen Reddy.
In UK My Ding-A-Ling by Chuck Berry was in the top 5 hits.
The Poseidon Adventure, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arthur of the Britons.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1972 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Roderick Mullen: NFL defensive back (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Cliff Floyd in Chicago: Illinois, USA; outfielder/first base (Montreal Expos).
- Kevin Sally in Richmond Hill: Ontario, Canada; archer (Olympics-1996).
- Randolph Ross in Shelby: North Carolina, USA; 110 metre hurdler.
- Cliff Floyd: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Mike Mahoney: American baseball player
- Duane Ross: American hurdler and coach
- Angela Shelton: American actress producer and screenwriter
- Joseph A Walkers River Niger, premieres in New York City
- Australia Labour party wins parliamentary election.
- 38th Heisman Trophy Award: Johnny Rodgers, Nebraska (FL).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
- The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
- Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Johnny Nash - I Can See Clearly Now
- Al Green - You Ought To Be With Me
- Billy Paul - Me And Mrs. Jones
- Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
- America - Ventura Highway
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Clair
- The Stylistics - I'm Stone In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?