Sunday 5 December 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna.
The Fighter, directed by David O. Russell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Age of Hammer Wars or And-Kensaku.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 5 December 2010 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 December
- John Leslie: Scottish TV presenter who found himself the target of a media witch-hunt when TV weathergirl Ulrika Jonsson published an anonymous story in her autobiography telling of her rape by a TV presenter some years before.
- Don Meredith: American football player sportscaster and actor (d. 2010).
- Alan Armer: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- The Harlem Globetrotters Played their famous ''Four Point Game'' against the Generals.
- Attacks against WikiLeaks, Julian Assange and his lawyers:
- The WikiLeaks website is forced offline again. (OneIndia News)
- Bank officials attempt to shut down an account opened by Assange in Switzerland. (''The Times of India'')
- Newly released cables quote President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy's belief that American and NATO forces are destined to ultimately fail in the War in Afghanistan and that European troops are deployed there only in ampquotdeferenceampquot to the United States - ampquotAnd if a Belgian gets killed, it would be over for Belgium right thenampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- A blast at an army base in eastern Afghanistan kills at least two soldiers and two civilians. (rferl)
- The Nigerian military acknowledges that raids to root out armed gangs in the Niger Delta may have killed civilians. (AFP)
- Over 100 people are killed in battles throughout Somalia between Islamist rebels and African Union forces over the past three days. (Press TV)
- Festivities are held for the 83rd birthday of King of Thailand Bhumibol Adulyadej, the longest reigning monarch in the world. (Al Jazeera)
- An unpublished poem by Philip Larkin is found. (BBC)
- Roman Polanski's ''The Ghost Writer'' wins six prizes at the European Film Awards in Estonia, with the director appearing from Paris via Skype. (BBC)
- 20-year-old Nicole Faria from Bangalore, Miss India, wins the Miss Earth 2010 crown in Vinpearl Land, Nha Trang, Vietnam. (OneIndia)
- The International Labour Organisation asks Gulf states to reform labour laws related to millions of foreign workers and urges the introduction of a minimum wage. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 174 people are dead and 1.5 million homeless following floods in Colombia. (ABC)
- 22 people are killed in a prairie fire in Daofu County, Sichuan, China. (''China Daily'')
- 8 people are killed after a car collides with a group of cyclists in Italy. (BBC)
- Hundreds of people evacuate the Australian town of Wagga Wagga as flood waters rise throughout New South Wales. (AAP via ''The Australian'')
- 7 people are rescued after becoming stranded for 8 days in a pub in England. (BBC)
- Israeli and Palestinian firefighters say they have brought the 2010 Israel forest fire ampquotunder controlampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- The corpse of a partially eaten 70-year-old female German tourist washes up on Sharm el-Sheikh, believed to have been killed by sharks in the fifth attack this week. (Al Jazeera)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?