Tuesday 5 February 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1918 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Nicolae Ceausescu: Romanian politician, an indestructible dictator for 24 years and one of history's mass murderers.
- Elie Dufour: St-Pompon Military man.
- Kara Abulfazogli: Karayev composer.
- V Dharmalingam: Sri Lankan Tamil politician (d. 1985).
- Separation of church and state begins in the USSR
- Stephen W. Thompson shoots down a German airplane. It is the first aerial victory by the U.S. military.
- SS Tuscania (1914) is torpedoed off the coast of Ireland; it is the first ship carrying American troops to Europe to be torpedoed and sunk.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Livery Stable Blues - W.C. Handy's Orchestra
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Geraldine Farrar
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?