Friday 5 February 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Winfield and Ivan Alexandrovich Tcherepnin.
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1943 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Charles Winfield: Pennsylvania, United States -- Rocker (Blood Sweat & Tears-Spinning Wheel).
- Ivan Alexandrovich Tcherepnin: Composer.
- Michael Mann in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor/director (Sexpot, Close Friends).
- Craig Morton in Flint: Michigan, USA; NFL quarterback (Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos).
- Larry Tamblyn: rock guitarist (Standells - "Dirty Water").
- Sven Johnson: rocker (Tangerine Dream).
- Michael Mann: American filmmaker, the author of screenplays and a director and producer. Mann’s unique perspective as a 5'8" man behind the camera lens, combined with his rapid-paced, fragmented-image techniques, greatly influenced the future of television with the introduction of shows like "Starsky and Hutch" and "Vegas," both from the 1970s.
- Nolan Bushnell: American businessman founded Atari Inc.
- Wim Gertenbach: Dutch resistance fighter (Slogan), shot by Germans.
- Amsterdam resistance group CS-6 shoots German General Seyffardt.
- Clandestine Radio Atlantiksender, in Germany, makes first transmission.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?