Saturday 5 February 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Uninvited, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1944 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Dominique Lecourt: French philosopher.
- J R Cobb: Birmingham, Alabama -- Rocker (Atlanta Rhythm Section, Classic IV).
- Henfil : Brazilian cartoonist of a famous character, Pasquin.
- J R Cobb in Birmingham: Alabama, USA; rocker (Atlanta Rhythm Section, Classic IV).
- Piero Focaccia: Italian pop singer and film actor.
- Al Kooper: American musician, he is best known for having spontaneously added the vital organ sound to Bob Dylan's 'Like A Rolling Stone' (he showed up at the session hoping to play guitar).
- J Cobb: American guitarist (Classics IV and Atlanta Rhythm Section)
- Tamanoumi Masahiro: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 51st Yokozuna (Born 1944)
- Robert E Park: sociologist (human ecology, marginal man), dies at age 79.
- 358 RAF-bombers attack Stettin, Germany.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When They Ask About You - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?