Thursday 5 February 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1948!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1948 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Dennis Ferguson: Australian sex offender (d. 2012).
- Christopher Guest: American actor and director.
- Errol Morris: American director and producer.
- Tom Wilkinson: English actor and singer.
- Barbara Hershey: American actress with a hippie image during the '60s, who changed her last name to "Seagull" for awhile.
- Sven-Goran Eriksson: Swedish football manager
- Christopher Guest in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Saturday Night Live, Heartbeeps, This is Spinal Tap, Princess Bride).
- Barbara Hershey [Herzstein] in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; actor (Stuntman, Shy People, A World Apart).
- Nigel Tufnel: rocker (Spinal Tap).
- David Denny: rock guitarist (Steve Miller Band - "Abracadabra").
- Elco [LC]: Brinkman; Dutch minister WVC (CDA).
- Violet Falkenburg: Dutch journalist, coach, and radio and TV presenter.
- Barbara Seagull: Hollywood Actor
- Sven-Göran Eriksson: Swedish football (soccer) manager and former player, commonly referred to just by his nickname 'Svennis' in Sweden.
- Nature of Things science show premieres on NBC prime time
- Gretchen Fraser becomes first US woman Olympics slalom champion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 February 1948 and get them!