Monday 5 February 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1951 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Nikolay Merkushkin: Mordovian engineer and politician 1st Head of the Republic of Mordovia.
- Robin Sachs: English-American actor (d. 2013).
- Elizabeth Swados: American composer and director (d. 2016).
- Russell Grant: British actor in more than 30 musicals and comedies.
- Elizabeth Swados in Buffalo: New York, USA; composer/playwright (1972 Tony Award).
- John Callahan: American artist, Portland's famous quadriplegic cartoonist. He established his reputation with dark humor making fun of those with disabilities, using macabre humor, and often offending other races and ethnicities. Callahan suffered from alcoholism even as a young boy. In 1972 he was a passenger in a car driven by someone who had been drinking. A terrible collision with a utility pole severed his spinal cord and he became paralyzed from the diaphragm down. He continued to draw after the accident
- Charles Young: Fresno sports Champions
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aba Daba Honeymoon - Debbie Reynolds & Carlton Carpenter
- Dinah Shore & Tony Martin - A Penny A Kiss
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 February 1951 and get them!