Monday 5 February 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Swados in Buffalo and John Callahan.
Operation Pacific, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Victor Borge Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1951!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1951 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Elizabeth Swados in Buffalo: New York, USA; composer/playwright (1972 Tony Award).
- John Callahan: American artist, Portland's famous quadriplegic cartoonist.
- Russell Grant: British actor in more than 30 musicals and comedies.
- Charles Young: Fresno sports Champions.
- Nikolay Merkushkin: Mordovian engineer and politician 1st Head of the Republic of Mordovia.
- Robin Sachs: English-American actor (d. 2013)
- Elizabeth Swados: American composer and director (d. 2016)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Aba Daba Honeymoon - Debbie Reynolds & Carlton Carpenter
- Dinah Shore & Tony Martin - A Penny A Kiss
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?