Thursday 5 February 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Homer and Freddie Aguilar.
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Romper Room and Friends.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1953 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Herbert Homer: American official with the U.S.
- Freddie Aguilar: Filipino folk musician.
- John Beilein: American basketball player and coach.
- Gustavo Benítez: Paraguayan footballer and manager.
- Giannina Braschi: Puerto Rican author and playwright.
- Peter Pan by Walt Disney opens at Roxy Theater, New York City
- 5th Emmy Awards: I Love Lucy, Thomas Mitchell and Helen Hayes wins
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Peter Pan to US theaters. The film is adapted from the play by Sir James M. Barrie.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 5th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Art Linkletter. Best Actor: Thomas Mitchell; Best Actress: Helen Hayes
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- The Soviet Union breaks diplomatic relations with Israel after bomb explosion in Soviet embassy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?