Thursday 5 February 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK You Belong To Me by Jo Stafford was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while East Of Eden by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1953 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Freddie Aguilar: Filipino folk musician.
- John Beilein: American basketball player and coach.
- Gustavo Benítez: Paraguayan footballer and manager.
- Giannina Braschi: Puerto Rican author and playwright.
- Takashi Ishikawa: Japanese sumo and professional wrestler.
- Loretta Tofani: American journalist
- Herbert Homer: American official with the U.S. Dept of Defense, killed on 9/11/2001 when United Airlines Flight 175 crashed into the World Trade Center.
- Peter Pan by Walt Disney opens at Roxy Theater, New York City
- 5th Emmy Awards: I Love Lucy, Thomas Mitchell and Helen Hayes wins
- RKO Radio Pictures releases Disney's animated feature film Peter Pan to US theaters. The film is adapted from the play by Sir James M. Barrie.
- In Los Angeles, California, the 5th Annual Emmy Awards are presented, hosted by Art Linkletter. Best Actor: Thomas Mitchell; Best Actress: Helen Hayes
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower refuses a clemency appeal for Ethel and Julius Rosenberg.
- The Soviet Union breaks diplomatic relations with Israel after bomb explosion in Soviet embassy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?