Tuesday 5 February 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1957 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Craig Wilson: Beeville, Texas -- US water polo goalie (1984, 88 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Azouz Begag: French writer, politician and researcher in economics and sociology at the CNRS.
- Mark Matousek: American gay writer, Matousek has written two memoirs, "Sex Death Enlightenment" (1996) and "The Boy He Left Behind: A Man's Search for His Lost Father.
- Jüri Tamm: Estonian hammer thrower and politician.
- Nick Laird-Clowes: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Dream Academy and Pink Floyd).
- Sami Ibrahim Haddad: Lebanese surgeon (Born 1890).
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 2nd Piano Concert
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?