Monday 5 February 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Duff McKagan [Michael] and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Room for One More.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1962 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Duff McKagan [Michael]: Seattle, Washington -- Bassist (Guns & Roses).
- Jennifer Jason Leigh: American actress.
- Tommy Skeoch: rock vocalist (Tesla - "Five Man Acoustical Jam").
- Anti-Christ : Divine figure prophesied by Dixon to bring catastrophes, "A propagator of a doctrine of such persuasive appeal that it will spread like wildfire, eventually precipitating a catastrophe of considerable magnitude.
- Jennifer Leigh: American actress and noted family, the daughter of actor Vic Morrow and screenwriter Barbara Turner.
- Jacqui Dankworth: English singer and actress
- Martin Nievera: Filipino-American singer-songwriter and actor
- Jacques Ibert: French composer of operas, movie scores, orchestral and chamber music.
- Suit to bar Englewood New Jersey from racial segregated schools, filed
- Law suit to bar Englewood, New Jersey, from "racial segregated" schools is filed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?