Wednesday 5 February 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Pugh and Jim Pugh in Burbank.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
Seven Days in May, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Venetian Affair by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1964 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Jim Pugh: Burbank, California -- Tennis star.
- Jim Pugh in Burbank: California, USA; tennis star.
- Alexia: Cypriot singer.
- Pascal Duve: Belgian writer, the author of "Cargo Life" and "Condemned Love.
- Paul Grisoni: French parachutist, 16 times champion of France, vice-world champion and multiple world record holder in skydiving.
- Carolina Morace: Italian soccer player, the first woman in Italy to become coach of an all-male team, albeit C-class. She concluded her soccer playing career 6/07/1998 after winning 12 championships, four Italian cups and 550 goals.
- Laura Linney: American actress
- Duff McKagan: American musician (Guns N' Roses)
- Helena Bergström: Swedish actress director and screenwriter
- Piotr Trzaskalski: Polish director and screenwriter
- Alexia Vassiliou: Cypriot singer-songwriter
- Kashmir Day On February 5, 1964, India backed out of its promise to hold plebiscite in disputed territory of Kashmir. Instead, in March 1965, the Indian Parliament passed a bill, declaring Kashmir a province of India. In 1948, India had taken the issue of Kashmir to the United Nations Security Council and offered to hold a plebiscite in the held Kashmir under UN supervision.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- Rick Nelson - For You
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?