Saturday 5 February 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK Telegram Sam by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Fritz the Cat, directed by Ralph Bakshi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1972 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Kristopher Carter: American composer.
- Koriki Chōshū: Japanese comedian.
- Brad Fittler: Australian rugby league player coach and sportscaster.
- Mary : Crown Princess of Denmark.
- Koriki Choshu: Japanese comedian.
- Erin Phillips in Mexico: Missouri, USA; Miss Missouri-America (1995).
- Tony Johnson: tight end (New Orleans Saints).
- Chris Bailey: Ice hockey defenseman (USA, Olympics - 1998)
- Crown Mary: Danish royalty by marriage, Mary Donaldson was the first Australian to become a royal when she married Prince Frederik of Denmark (heir to the throne) on May 14, 2004 at 4:00 PM in Copenhagen. First one and then the other of the royal couple said "I Do" beginning at 4:46 PM according to the Danish press. The former real estate agent relinquished her Australian & British passports & converted from the Presbyterian to Lutheran faith).
- Marianne Moore: American poet critic and translator (d. 1972).
- Another Puff by Jerry Reed peaks at #65
- US airlines begin mandatory inspection of passengers and baggage.
- Bob Douglas becomes the first African American elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #8 songs in the UK
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?