Friday 5 February 1988
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnathan Haggerty and Kevin J Maclean.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Could've Been by Tiffany.
In UK I Think We're Alone Now by Tiffany was in the top 5 hits.
The Unbearable Lightness of Being, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching World Ninja War Jiraiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomber Raid or The Legend of Blacksilver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1988 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Johnathan Haggerty: American football player.
- Kevin J Maclean: Scottish singer-songwriter.
- Kyle Simmons: Pianist.
- Chris Trott: YouTube Star.
- Natalie Geisenberger: German luger.
- Štěpán Kodeda: Czech orienteering competitor (d. 2015)
- Philipp Marschall: German skier
- Karin Ontiveros: Mexican model and sportscaster
- 1st prime-time wrestling match in 30 yrs-Andre beats Hulk Hogan
- Arizona House of Representatives votes to impeach Republican Governor Evan Mecham.
- Panamanian General Manuel Noriega indicted by US grand jury on drug charges.
- Manuel Noriega is indicted on drug smuggling and money laundering charges.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 February 1988
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love
- Prince - I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?