Tuesday 5 February 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Jumper, directed by Doug Liman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Escape to Chimp Eden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bleach: The 3rd Phantom or Bomberman Touch: The Legend of Mystic Bomb.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 5 February 2008 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 February
- Maharishi Mahesh Yogi: Indian guru, founder of Transcendental Meditation (Born c. 1917).
- (to February 6) A tornado outbreak, the deadliest in 23 years, kills 58 in the Southern United States.
- U.S. stock market indices plunge more than 3 percent after a report shows signs of economic recession in the service sector. The S&P 500 fall 3.2 percent, The Dow Jones Industrial Average 370 points.
- In the USA, 24 states hold Republican and/or Democratic caucus elections for presidential nominee. This day is referred to as "Super Tuesday". For the Democrats, Barack Obama wins in 12, Hillary Clinton wins in 7 For the Republicans, John McCain wins in 8 states, Mitt Romney wins in 6, and Mike Huckabee wins in 5.
- A major tornado outbreak across the Southern United States leaves 57 dead, the most since the May 31, 1985 outbreak that killed 88.
- U.S. stock market indices plunge more than 3% after a report shows signs of economic recession in the service sector. The SampP 500 fall 3.2%, The Dow Jones Industrial Average drops 370 points.
- Democratic Party
- The Democratic Party holds their first Democrats Abroad primary for Americans living overseas. (TIME)
- Illinois Senator Barack Obama wins the Alaska, Alabama, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, and Utah Democratic contests. (Bloomberg News)
- New York Senator Hillary Clinton wins the American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma and Tennessee Democratic contests. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- Republican Party
- The Red Cross estimates that hundreds of civilians have been killed in the Battle of N'Djamena in Chad. (AP via KGAN)
- Israeli attacks kill eight Hamas members on the Gaza Strip as Hamas claims responsibility for the Dimona attack. (AP via Google News)
- Philippine House Speaker Jose de Venecia was ousted by the majority of the representatives of the House of Representatives and Davao City Rep. Prospero Nograles was elected as the 13th House Speaker and the first Speaker from Mindanao. (''Philippine Daily Inquirer'')
- 2008 Chinese winter storms: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao visits disaster-affected region in Guizhou Province, one of the worst-hit provinces, to direct relief efforts. This is his third trip to disaster regions in eight days. (China Daily)
- A major tornado outbreak across the Southern United States leaves 57 people dead, and causes some polling places to be closed early. The hardest hit areas are in Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Arkansas including the Memphis area, northern Middle Tennessee and Jackson, Tennessee. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- WTO approves Ukraine to become a new member. (WTO)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?