Sunday 5 February 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Set Fire To The Rain by Adele.
Safe House, directed by Daniel Espinosa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 2012!
Which were the important events of 5 February 2012 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 February
- An explosion hits the gas pipeline between Egypt, Israel and Jordan in the North Sinai Governorate west of Arish. (AP via MSNBC)
- At least three people die and nine are injured by an explosion in the Afghan city of Kandahar. (BBC)
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta claims responsibility for attacking an Eni SpA pipeline carrying oil to the Nigerian city of Brass. (Bloomberg)
- Early 2012 European cold wave:
- Heavy snow falls across much of the United Kingdom, leading to the cancellation of hundreds of flights at Heathrow Airport and the closure of the runway at Luton Airport. (BBC)
- More than 250 people have died of the cold weather in Europe, with Russia forced to reduce supplies of natural gas. (Al-Jazeera)
- Due to flooding, residents are asked to evacuate the Australian town of St George, Queensland, and the body is found of a woman missing in Roma. (ABC News Australia)
- A Libyan starts court proceedings against 41 people accused of helping Muammar Gaddafi to attempt to suppress the opposition in the Libyan civil war. (Reuters)
- Bahraini opposition parties launch a week-long sit in for political reform. (Reuters)
- Voters in Finland go to the polls for the second round of the Finnish Presidential election with conservative candidate Sauli Niinisto winning in a landslide. (AP via Google News)
- Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah resigns as the Prime Minister of Kuwait following a strong performance by the Opposition in a recent parliamentary election. (AP via the ''Washington Examiner'')
- The Nigerian People's Democratic Party wins the governorship in Adamawa State. (Reuters)
- The ruling Mexican National Action Party (PAN) endorses Josefina Vázquez Mota as its candidate for the Presidential election, the first time that a major Mexican party has endorsed a woman to run for President of Mexico. (AP via ''Star Tribune'')
- Super Bowl XLVI:
- Quarterback Eli Manning of the Giants wins his second Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Award. (AP via ''Wall Street Journal'')
- In darts, England win the 2012 PDC World Cup of Darts defeating Australia 4-3 in the final. (Fox Sports)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 February 2012 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?