Thursday 5 January 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1911 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Jean-Pierre Aumont: French actor on stage, film and television, he is also a playwright.
- Pierre Dermo: Belgian comedian.
- Portuguese expel Jesuits.
- San Francisco has its first air meet.
- Kappa Alpha Psi, the world's second oldest and largest black fraternity, is founded at Indiana University.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?