Sunday 5 January 1913
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Sodoms Ende, directed by Alfred Abel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1913.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1913!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1913 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Pierre Veuillot: French Roman Catholic Cardinal and Archbishop of Paris.
- Nejat Eczacıbaşı: Turkish-American chemist businessman and philanthropist founded Eczacıbaşı (d. 1993).
- First Balkan War: During the Naval Battle of Lemnos, Greek admiral Pavlos Kountouriotis forces the Turkish fleet to retreat to its base within the Dardanelles, from which it did not venture for the rest of the war.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1913 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Ada Jones - Row! Row! Row!
- Ghost of the Violin - Walter Van Brunt & Maurice Burkhardt
- Oh! Oh! Delphine - Billy Murray
- Where the Edelweiss is Blooming - Lyric Quartet
- Venus on Earth Waltz - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1913?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?