Friday 5 January 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Reginald Smith and Francis L Kellogg.
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1917 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Reginald Smith: Brindle composer.
- Francis L Kellogg: American diplomat and socialite (d. 2006).
- Robert Antelme: French writer.
- Wieland Wagner: German stage director (Born 1917).
- Jane Wyman: American actress who won an Oscar in 1948 for the film "Johnny Belinda.
- Adolfo Consolini:
- Lucienne Day: English textile designer (d. 2010)
- Francis Kellogg: American businessman and diplomat (d. 2006)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture, Part 1 - Regimental Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?