Friday 5 January 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1917 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Reginald Smith: Brindle composer.
- Francis L Kellogg: American diplomat and socialite (d. 2006).
- Robert Antelme: French writer.
- Wieland Wagner: German stage director (Born 1917).
- Jane Wyman: American actress who won an Oscar in 1948 for the film "Johnny Belinda.
- Adolfo Consolini:
- Lucienne Day: English textile designer (d. 2010)
- Francis Kellogg: American businessman and diplomat (d. 2006)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- 1812 Overture, Part 1 - Regimental Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?