Sunday 5 January 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Al Blozis and Jacques Laurent.
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1919 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Al Blozis: American track & field athlete.
- Jacques Laurent: French journalist, novelist and essayist, who published under various pseudonyms.
- Cecil Laurent: Paris 9éme Writer.
- Hector Abhayavardhana: Sri Lankan theorist and politician (d. 2012).
- Severino Gazzelloni: Italian flute player (d. 1992).
- Herb Peterson: American businessman (d. 2008)
- Sumako Matsui: Japanese actress and singer (Born 1886).
- Spartacus uprising in Berlin: state of siege
- National Socialist Party (Nazi) forms as German Farmers Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?