Sunday 5 January 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Das Schicksal der Maria Keith, directed by Rudolf Walther-Fein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1919!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1919 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Hector Abhayavardhana: Sri Lankan theorist and politician (d. 2012).
- Severino Gazzelloni: Italian flute player (d. 1992).
- Herb Peterson: American businessman (d. 2008).
- Cecil Laurent: Paris 9éme Writer.
- Al Blozis: American track & field athlete.
- Jacques Laurent: French journalist, novelist and essayist, who published under various pseudonyms. Laurent was a prolific historical novelist and screenwriter.
- Sumako Matsui: Japanese actress and singer (Born 1886).
- Spartacus uprising in Berlin: state of siege
- National Socialist Party (Nazi) forms as German Farmers Party.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1919 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- When You Come Back, and You Will Come Back - Orpheus Quartet
- O Death, Where is Thy Sting? - Bert Williams
- Oh How I Wish I Could Sleep Until My Daddy Comes Back Home - Henry Burr
- Peer Gynt Suite No. 1 (Anitra's Dance) - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?