Monday 5 January 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli and Arturo Benedetti-Michelangeli.
Within Our Gates, directed by Oscar Micheaux, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1920 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli: Italian pianist (d. 1995).
- Arturo Benedetti-Michelangeli: Italian musician, concert pianist, studied violin, organ & composition at milan conservatoire; has given concerts throughout world.
- Henriette Raes: French criminal, a recidivist sentenced to three years in prison in 1995 for frequenting the best hotels and restaurants without paying the bills or paying with stolen cheques.
- Arturo Michelangeli: Italian pianist and educator (d. 1995).
- Boston Red Sox sell Babe Ruth to New York Yankees.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?