Monday 5 January 1920
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Within Our Gates, directed by Oscar Micheaux, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1920 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Henriette Raes: French criminal, a recidivist sentenced to three years in prison in 1995 for frequenting the best hotels and restaurants without paying the bills or paying with stolen cheques.
- Arturo Michelangeli: Italian pianist and educator (d. 1995).
- Arturo Benedetti-Michelangeli: Italian musician, concert pianist, studied violin, organ & composition at milan conservatoire; has given concerts throughout world.
- Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli: Italian pianist (d. 1995).
- Boston Red Sox sell Babe Ruth to New York Yankees.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nobody Knows (and Nobody Seems to Care) - Irving Kaufman & Jack Kaufman
- Broken Blossoms - Charles Harrison
- The Hand That Rocked the Cradle Rules My Heart - John Steel
- Oh! What a Pal was Mary - Edward Allen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?