Thursday 5 January 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1928 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Ali Bhutto: Pakistani politician and father of noted politician, Benazir Bhutto.
- Zulfikar Bhutto: Pakistani lawyer and politician 4th President of Pakistan (d. 1979).
- Walter Mondale: American politician and US Vice President under Jimmy Carter, former US Ambassador to Japan, and former Senator (elected 1964) and Attorney General (1960) for the state of Minnesota.
- Zulfikar Ali Khan Bhutto: President / Premier (Pakistan).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 January 1928 and get them!